Friday, February 24, 2012

Pair of garters 1780 - Finished!

So, I just finished the garters this morning! Yay!




Since I have another day off today and plenty of spare time during the weekend as well, I'm already planning what to sew next. I just found some leftover pieces of black wool in my stash and I'm thinking about making embroidered mitts. I also need a neckerchief and a cap... We'll see what I come up with next! But because I can't afford to get much new fabrics at the moment, I'm going to be making some accessories, that's for sure.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you're fast! Those look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I had a couple of days off and these were quite quick to make! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oooo! Pretty!!

    And a lot of accessories is only a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know, it is indeed a good thing! I don't have many of them (yet) because I was lazy and never felt like sewing all those little things before... :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't see this before I replied to your comment on my blog.

    These turned out so pretty and sweet! They're wonderful, great job!

    I understand what you mean about stash fabrics. It's so nice to have a little extra fabric from older projects to work on accessories. I can't wait to see your mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful project !
    Can I make just a comment ? It should be written "JE MEURE OU JE M'ATTACHE", not "JE MEURE OU LE M'ATTACHE" ! (it's written in french ... and I am ;-)
    This small sentence refers to the ivy, which become attached to something or die ... like love !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aurelie!

      Thank you for telling me that! I just copied the text from the oringinal page.. I guess there was a typo there as well!

      Delete
  5. Hello! I love these and a friend and I are planing to make a pair each very similar to yours. We are not doing so well on the measurements. How wide and long did you make the embroidered silk for your garters? I was thinking it was about 2" x 6" finished. I can hardly wait to start.

    ReplyDelete